Re: CISCO Router with ISA

  • From: craig.willoughby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:40:50 +0800

The safest option is to create a DMZ for the services that are required
externally.

However, you can publish an internal server for access by external
clients. Start off by creating a new protocol definition that encapsulates
the ports that the application needs. Create a new server publishing rule
that uses the protocol definition and has the IP address of the internal
server. Point the client application to the external ip address of the ISA
box and all should be sweet. Look at the logs to see what packets are
being dropped if you are having trouble with the initial port mapping.

craig

Vinaykumar G <G.VINAY@xxxxxxxxx>
08/08/2002 03:47 PM
Please respond to "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]"

        To:     "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [isalist] CISCO Router with ISA

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi All,
         We want to setup ISA server as Firewall for one of our
organizations.  There many of the staff working on database analyses
through
the Internet require a fixed external IP address to run the remote
programmes. Up to now we have used NAT in the CISCO for computers that
require fixed IP addresses. Now we want to implement ISA here so please
let
me know as what solution can be implemented to provide fixed IP addresses
computers on the internal network using ISA.
Vinay.