Re: Bit Torrent

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <Strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 23:13:24 -0400

It is relatively easy to set-up rules for using BitTorrent...
I am not about to get into the conversation about why, or how I know this....

In order for the bit client to function properly, it needs to be able to send info out back to peers (seeds), you need publishing rules.

Do you want to make publishing rules for each client machine, I kinda don't think so.
You can / should change the client to use a NON standard start point in place of 6881.

I hope this helps in some way. It's 11:00 PM Sunday and I am just back from a 3 hour drive from the cottage... TIRED

regards,

Mark

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>