Best Installation Method fora cache and firewall application.

  • From: "James" <james.noonan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:41:49 -0700

We currently have one isa server in cache only mode. I want to install
another ISA server srictly as a firewall.  I was wondering what would be
the best way of accomplishing this.  We currently have no active directory
domain, only a NT domain.
a) Should I create a domain, and make the two servers into an array?
b) Just install another isa server in firewall mode.

If I do (b), how do I configure the web browsers to use the proxy but
allow the clients to also use the fw client for other access like
streaming, icq etc..

Any help would be appreciated.

James