RE: B2B DMZ - ISA and Exchange 2k

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:29:51 -0600

Hi Gillian,

You can't put the Exchange Server in the DMZ because you can't extend
the internal network forest into the DMZ.

Both the FE and BE should go into the internal network. You can use a
LAT based DMZ if you want to segregate the FE from the BE. You'll have
to create the appropraite IPSec filters and/or RRAS packet filters.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder