Automatic detection of webproxy problem

  • From: tim S <tim724342@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA list <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

Since saturday we started to ask for authentication (meaning disabled the all
out policy) plus set up the autodection for the firewall and webproxy clients
using DNS wpad entry.  Initially, whenever someone opens the IE, the status bar
would indicate "Detecting proxy..." and then it will change to "connecting to
192.168.100.1".  The 192.168.100.1 is the Internal Network's NIC in ISA.  I
created a Access Policy for allow all protocol from Internal Network to Local
Host Network for All Users.  Now everything works fine.  In ISA, I check marked
the "Automatically detect settings" for firewall client.  My DNS server is
working fine.

1)My question is why should I give the full access to everyone to Local Host
for proxy detection.  It worked fine before asking for authentication.
2)Now it detects for proxy every time the browser is opened. Before requiring
authentication, the proxy detection done only once in the morning the first
time users opened the IE.  Now whenever close and reopen it, it goes the
detection procedure.  Any idea?

Thanks for the help.

Discover Yahoo!