Accessing HTTPS through ISA Proxy Server is very slow

  • From: "Isac Newton A - CTD, Chennai." <isacnewton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:28:58 +0530

Hi,

I accessed a https site in USA  for a particular application . When the same
application is accessed through http , it takes about less than a minute to
display the page content , If the same is accessed through https , it takes
considerable amount of time , atleast slower by 10 times , What could be the
reason for this performance reduction.

1) Is there any browser setting to be done or server setup configuration to
be changed ?

2) Is there any way to benchmark http and https sites from my network.

Your valuable suggestions will be higly appreciated.

Thanks
Isac