Access Plus / ATT Easylink oddness

  • From: "G.Waleed Kavalec" <kavalec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:44:49 -0600

Some of our clients use Easylink Access Plus (formerly AT&T Easylink)
which does secure mail and file transfer via port 992.

We are testing a patch which (among other things) changes the url from
secure-ua.gmis.att.net to secure-ua.gmis.easylink.com but leaves the
port at 992.

Machines behind our MS-ISA 2000 firewall, without the patch, can connect fine.

A machines not behind our firewall, with or without the patch, can connect fine.

But a patch machine behind the firewall cannot connect.

Port remains 992, protocol rule for 993 outbound and inbound has
worked for years, both urls resolve to the same IP address, and no
mention of the url is anywhere in our rules.

What am I missing?

--

G. Waleed Kavalec