4th Dimension and ISA Server

  • From: "scott" <scott@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:09:40 -0500

I am wondering if anyone might have tested ISA server and 4D Client / =

Server.

4D (4th Dimension) is a client/server database engine for both Windows =

and Macintosh - it uses TCP.

This seems like a simple scenario, but I did this test:

Set up an ISA Server, and put a 4D Client machine on a Local Network =

connected to it (192 subnet). Then, on the other side of the ISA server =

(internet subnet address), put up a 4D Server. I can ping the 4D Server =

machine, but when I type the IP address in 4D Client, I get a -10002 =

error soon after clicking connect.

The ISA server is set up to allow ALL traffic outgoing. So, all machine =

are able to ftp, go to web pages, ping, etc... They just cant connect to =

a 4D server!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott