RE: 2 connections to internet

  • From: "Talley, Scott" <stalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:37:24 -0600

Unfortunately, ISA Server does not have the native ability to handle
multiple ISP's.  However, there is a very nice (though a bit expensive)
add-on product called RainConnect that will allow ISA to handle multiple
ISP's (up to 16 I think).  It is a software only product that works by
taking on the external DNS responsibilities.  You will only need 2 nics, one
internal and one external - you aggregate your ISP's thru a switch between
their routers and the external nic of the ISA box.  You tell RainConnect how
much inbound and outbound bandwidth each ISP provides and it does the load
balancing from there.  See www.rainfinity.com for more details.

Thank you,
Scott Talley
IT Manager, The Combined Group