[IOTAList] Re: New Titles for Diamond!

  • From: "Jewel" <jewelblanch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iotalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:40:11 +1300

Shannah! BH? expansion please!

Jewel

From: "Shanna Stichler" <slstich@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:25 PM
To: <iotalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IOTAList] Re: New Titles for Diamond!

Oh I was referring more to the CGCA and the BN since they are both
on-lead and consist of things I would expect a trained guide dog to have
mastered already. The only things I had to worry about were the autosit,
since I don't require that of Diamond in harness, and straight fronts
because Diamond has always had problems with tucking her rear end in
order to ensure a nice position.

The BH was harder because I had to teach the out of motion exercises. It
also took a bit of work training Diamond to remain calm for the part
where I needed to tie her to a fence and leave her sight. I eventually
just treated that exercise as I would any out-of-sight stay, and happily
she did fine at the trial.

Shanna with Diamond

On 11/24/2015 12:49 PM, Caitlyn Furness wrote:

Hey!

Congrats, Shana and Diamond!! Way to go!!

Don’t belittle the BH and such-most service dogs couldn’t do it. They
*should*, but most couldn’t.

Cait and Mags

On Nov 24, 2015, at 2:55 AM, Shanna Stichler <slstich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I hope everyone on the list is doing well and staying warm as winter gets
closer. To those of you
in the southern hemisphere, I think I'm jealous of the probably much warmer
weather you're
enjoying.

Anyway, over the past few months, Diamond and I have finally gotten into the
ring. The only
reason we haven't done so before now is that I kept finding reasons to put
it off.guess I had
more competition nerves than I realized. So Diamond earned her BH at our
local IPO club trial in
October! We will try for her APR 1 in the Spring. I'd go for the full IPO 1,
but I've had bad
luck finding good spotters to help me with the tracking phase, so we need
much more work on that
aspect.

In September, Diamond also got her CGCA and her BN, which is pre-novice
obedience, prior to the
CD. Both of these things are easy titles really for a service dog, but we
are ready to go for the
CD after the holidays!

Speaking of which, I hope all who celebrate have a wonderful Thanksgiving
and a wonderful holiday
season!

Best,
Shanna with Diamond vom Heulenluft CGCA BN BH