[insightsa] Re: Footpaths, cyclists and people with disabilities

  • From: Elina Dalziel <edlohs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: insightsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:17:38 +1030

On 12 Oct 2015, at 9:01 am, Pedestrian Council of Australia
<walking@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Elina

We couldn’t agree more. This government has rushed through these changes
without any consideration given to people with disabilities (which they are
required to do at law), children, the elderly etc.

I believe this decision could be challenged in court because the SA
Government is legally obliged to consider all people with disabilities before
changing public space.

I doubt they’ve even bothered to ask the Police how the pathetic penalties
will be enforced.

But perhaps you can discover why the disabilities and the seniors groups have
been struck dumb on this vitally important issue.

Perhaps you can get them to actually do something.

Or is the reason that they are all receiving government grants?

Regards
<image001.jpg>

Harold Scruby
Chairman/CEO

<image002.jpg>
Pedestrian Council of Australia Limited
The Walking Class
Telephone: (02) 9968-4555 - Facsimile: (02) 9909-8277 - Mobile: (0418) 110-011
Email: mail@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:walking@xxxxxxxxxxx> - Internet:
www.walk.com.au <http://www.walk.com.au/>
PO Box 500 - NEUTRAL BAY NSW 2089 – AUSTRALIA - ABN 18 075 106 286