[insightsa] Cycling Incident reports requested Urgent

  • From: Elina Dalziel <edlohs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: insightsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:03:25 +1030

Dear InsightSA/ BCA L list members.

We have meeting organised with Politician and need to highlight any injuries -
near misses, confrontations with cyclists here in SA and any other such
incidents interstate.

For this purpose can you send to President of BCA -Adelaide branch any incident
reports - apologies for short time - but all would be appreciated. David
Squirrell :David Squirrell <squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On the basis that the new cycling on footpaths gets the go ahead we need to
make sure the police keep records of hits & near misses etc

Can I suggest to the best of your ability you need to report as soon as
possible

Your name & other particulars if asked by police
Date
Time
Location
Cyclist (if you are able to get a name)
Behaviour of the cyclist to the event – abusive, left the scene without
offering assistance etc
Any witnesses
Any injury – physical or emotional
Any injury to Guide dog
Ask for a report number
The statistics are vital for future reference.

Also, are you aware of any attempt to include people with disabilities in
Cycling Activities or modified and adapted cycles ???

Thank you

Elina Dalziel & David Squirrell