[infoshare] Re: Fwd: Verbal Description and Touch Tour at the Rubin Museum of Art, June 16

  • From: "Luis Guerra" <screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:47:21 -0400

Hi Maria,

Is there a touch tour next week? Where will it be?

Thanks.
    From: Ellen Rubin
    From: Louise Brooks <lbrooks@xxxxxxxxxx>

      Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:00:21 -0400
      Subject: Verbal Description and Touch Tour at the Rubin Museum of Art,
June 16

      Hello everyone,

      I am writing to let you know about the public Verbal Description and
Touch tour being offered at the Rubin Museum of Art this Thursday, June 16
from 2-3:30pm. The tour is free with museum admission, and we encourage
interested participants to reserve a spot in advance, since space is
limited. Please see below for all of the details, and please forward this
along to anyone who might be interested!

      Thanks for your help in spreading the word, and I look forward to
welcoming you to the museum,
      Louise.

      Plain text copy:

      VERBAL DESCRIPTION AND TOUCH TOUR
      A program for visitors who are blind or have low vision
      Thursday, June 16, 2011
      2:00-3:30 pm

      This tour will take visitors on a journey through the culture,
history, religion, and art of the Himalayas. Using highly detailed verbal
descriptions of works of art and touch objects, including sculptures, art
materials, woodblocks, and ritual implements, museum guides help
participants form visualizations of art in the
      museum's collection.

      Reservations for this program are recommended as space is limited.
      Please contact the Group Reservations office at 212.620.5000 x345 or
reservations@xxxxxxxxxx to secure your place.

      Rubin Museum of Art
      150 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011
      www.rmanyc.org | facebook.com/rubinmuseum | twitter.com/rubinmuseum

      Plain text copy: