[infoage-board] IEEE Milestone in Technology Presentation for TIROS - November 13th

  • From: Fred Carl <fred-carl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoage-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:01:32 -0400

Hello Everyone,

  The IEEE would like to have a ceremony on Sunday, November 13th, 2011 (time
TBD) to present the bronse plaque they had commissioned recognizing the TIROS
satellite and its command and control facility as a Milestone in Technology.
This will give worldwide recognition to our TIROS site in the engineering
community.  They picked this date to allow their international board of
directors to attend during their meetings their Piscataway headquarters, near
New Brunswick.

  Please save this date.   Dan L. we should start working on a press release.
Frank O. has written an extensive narrative with the TIROS site and satellite
history to get us started.

  Thank you,
  Fred