[imerg-indy] Re: quick poll: do you use director?

  • From: Christopher Brown <chrmbrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: indymmug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:43:14 -0500

I used to use Director a couple of years ago...particularly for graduate work at the university. I rarely use the application now as Flash has integrated many of the features and benefits previously only available to Director. However, on occasion, we use Director for CD-ROM and DVD interactives. Director is still the only interactive application that can handle 3-D native primitives and it has some good DVD authoring features in the last release.

There has been speculation for quite a while that Macromedia would phase out Director as Flash replaces it. The elimination of Director may be accelerated if the merger approval with Adobe comes to fruition.

Loyd, Timothy wrote:

No.