Understanding is taught through Analogy

  • From: "I Khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:17:06 +0100

Assalamu alay kum wr wb/ Assalamu alayka manittaba al-huda

I liked these analogies and thought that they would also bring a smile on
your face :-)

Understanding is taught through Analogy

6 Year Old Logic

What's the point of going to Jummah

And by the way if I am sending you unwanted mails, please let me know and I
will take you off my distribution list without any problem/remorse. :-)

6 Year Old Logic

One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going
to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little boy.

TEACHER: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He
doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher
agreed and the little girl asked the boy:

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

LITTLE GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must
not have one!

"FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT"

What's the Point of Going to Jummah

A Muslim wrote a letter to the editor of the Jammat newspaper and complained
that it made no sense to go to Mosque every Friday.

"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard
something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me I can't remember a
single one of them. So I think I'm wasting my time . . . and the Imaam they
are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much
to the dismay of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this
clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some
32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall what the menu was for
a single one of those meals. But I do know this: they all nourished me and
gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me
those meals, I would be dead today."

No comments were made on the sermon contents anymore.

"The lips of the righteous nourish many . . ."