[Ilugc] TIP: reducing firefox memory usage
- From: ramanraj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ramanraj K)
- Date: Mon Jul 5 17:54:04 2004
Sridhar R wrote:
Firefox will cache pages which leads to memory usage of upto 130 or
200MB as and when you open new webpages. To overcome this problem,
1. Type `about:config` in firefox addressbar
2. Modify the variable `browser.cache.memory.capacity` (or create new one)
3. Change the value to X where X is cache size in KBytes.
For my system with 128M RAM, I prefer this value
How did you set browser.cache.memory.capacity? Could you give me clues
about how I could access the parent objects of the items listed at
about:config? Is there a way to directly navigate the browser objects
with Toos>Web Development>DOM Inspector?
It could be used to query objects, properties and methods.
I just uploaded to my project dir calpp/src/test/pm.html at:
a simple form, in which we can add input elements dynamically. That
uses DOM and JS, and more info about how to access the objects could
help to make Gecko the only GUI we need to use :)
Other related posts: