On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Sriram K wrote:
- Deepak, as you said,
- Neighbour table == arp cache.
- I think that its mostly because of "wrong lo setup"
- or "a wrong address mask".
or cool windows worm.. :)
- So first verify that all the entries in ur network
- configuration are correct.
- Garbage collector is scheduled to remove the old
- entries in arp cache. What if in a congested network,
- the max no. of entries is 200 or so, and garbage
- collector is scheduled once in 10 or 20 min. Surely,
- the arp cache wud overflow (as u said).
- So, the second thing that u must try is, increase the
- no. of entries after which the garbage collector must
- echo "512">/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh1
Actually, when blaster struck, none of our firewalls could survive for
more than a few minutes. But doing this did help a little back then. :)
- For to know more about gc_thresh*, hav a look at this
- link :
This should help the original poster... :)