[ilssa] Moving an offset press: HELP!

  • From: Emily Lyon <sasharabbit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:16:41 -0500

Hey laborers,

I need to move an ATF Chief 15 offset press.  I rented a UHaul box truck and
drove it to where the press was--needless to say, I drove the UHaul truck
BACK empty to the UHaul place/store, because me and my two friends (who
quite competently and rather easily moved a fridge and a chest freezer up a
set of stairs the week prior) could barely budge it.  Also the box truck had
no ramp.  There was no way.

Who has experience with this kind of move, or advice?  We are in
Northeastern CT.  Should I call some piano movers?  Do you think I need a
*press mover* for an offset press?

Any attention to this is much appreciated.
Happy vacation week impending!
:)
Emily  (the 860 CT Emily L, not the 203!)
Local 860 Shop B[&]S