[ilssa] ILSSA + SGC + Quarterlies

  • From: ILSSA Operator <operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:30:50 -0500

Greetings, Impractical Laborers!

Phew! We've been busy. The final 2010 (!) Quarterly will soon be on it's way to each of you, with a new round of Reference Collection reports, an invitation to submit for publication in the upcoming Quarterlies, a renewal reminder and a missive from ILSSA a la Benjamin.

In addition, we're excited to report that many of our members will be busy bees this weekend at SGC. Conference Chair Lisa Bulawsky and the wonderful All Along Press invited ILSSA to co-produce Obsoletely Saint Louis: An Obsolete Technology Guide for the City of Saint Louis for the 2011 SGC International Conference. The guide is set and ready to print, so if you're in Saint Louis this weekend, join us on Friday night from 5-8pm for the Cherokee Street events! We'll be cranking the final run of the guide at All Along Press and celebrating all things Impractical.

http://allalongpress.com/blog/news/impractical-labor-obsolete-technology-guide/

If you have to miss it, no worries! You'll receive a copy of the guide as a part of the first 2011 Quarterly, slated for a May release.

In addition, member Mary Tasillo will be chairing a panel on Friday morning, entitled "Counterbalancing the News: Printmaking Takes on the Mainstream Media" from 11:30-1pm at Steinberg Hall. See you there!

http://sgci2011.samfoxschool.wustl.edu/event/4955

Impractically Yours,
ILSSA Co-Operators

ILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSA

AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKES
ILSSA Operator
www.impractical-labor.org