[igdawisconsin] IGDA Wisconsin Game Engine Roundtable, December 11

  • From: Jason Compton <jcompton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igdawisconsin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:45:42 -0600

Members have been asking for a chance to talk game engines for years. The day has finally come!

IGDA Wisconsin launches our series of workshops with the single most-frequently requested topic, game engines. Guild Software's Ray Ratelis will lead a roundtable discussion on game engines on Saturday, December 11.

Topics will be determined by you, the audience, but come ready with questions (and answers!) on subjects like:

   * Matching engine capabilities with design requirements
   * Favorable licenses for small projects
   * Cross-platform considerations and tradeoffs
   * Evaluating prospects for engine extensions

Unlike our chapter general meetings, workshops are targeted events that focus on a single topic. We hope they will give a smaller audience a chance to explore a subject in greater detail than would be possible in the general meeting format, and look forward to evaluating the merits of this debut event.

Where:

Madison Public Library (Central)
201 West Mifflin Street
Madison, WI 53703