IGDA October Social Drinks+Game Writing Panel at BAFTA+...

  • From: IGDA London Chapter <igdalcc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igda_london_subscribers <igda_london_subscribers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:08:42 +0100

We're back on at the old haunt next week: Thursday October 13th... (I
know it's not the first Thursday of this month, but next month's
drinks ARE on the first Thursday--so keep Nov 3rd free...).

Thursday, October 13th, 7pm
Phoenix Artist Club (The bar is on Charing Cross Road up by
Blackwell's (the theatre is showing Blood Brothers).) Charing Cross
Road London, United Kingdom

Also, keep October 26th free. IGDA London, BAFTA, the Writers' Guild
of Great Britain and the London South Bank University BA (Hons) Game
Cultures Course are all co-hosting a games writing panel at BAFTA.
Definitely an event not-to-be-missed!

Kindest regards,
Siobhán

Follow us on Twitter: @IGDA_London
IGDA London Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?gid=4739563807#/group.php?gid=4739563807
IGDA London Website Page: http://www.igda.org/london/

--------------------
RELATED EVENTS
Here's a quick roundup of this month's other events that might be of
interest to game developers - if you know of any others, or there are
some that you'd like to hear more (or less) about, please let us
know...

------

LUUG6 : Don't drink the water, they put something in it to make you forget...
Friday October 14th
http://www.meetup.com/London-Unity-Usergroup/events/36061642/?a=ea1.2_grp&rv=ea1.2
Anyone who's been to a London Unity Usergroup London Meet Up knows how
good they are... this month's line up includes the great Mike Bithell,
part of Bossa Studios Monstermind team.

PLAYFUL 2011: A Conference About Play Games and Innovation
Friday October 21st
http://www.thisisplayful.com/
***Playful is sold out, but IGDA London has one free ticket to go to
one lucky IGDA member. I'll send another email out about this
shortly...
***++ Playful needs volunteers--you get free entry and get to go to
75% of talks but have to help out a bit... email me on
thomass5@xxxxxxxxxx if you'd like more info...

DEVELOP Conference Liverpool+Indie Dev Half Day
Thursday November 24th
http://liverpool.develop-conference.com/
There's a 10% discount for IGDA members, discount code to come soon.

EVOLVE Conference London
Thursday December 1st
http://www.evolveconference.com/
There's a 10% discount for IGDA members, discount code to come soon.

***Develop Liverpool and Evolve also need volunteers, so, again, email
me if you'd like info***