Feb Event: Playing with Affection: A night of love, sweat and tears, game style

  • From: IGDA London Chapter <igdalcc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igda_london_subscribers <igda_london_subscribers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:20:55 +0000

7 pm Thursday February 12
K2 Building, London South Bank University

There won't be any chocolates or Shakespeare sonnets or marriage proposals
(maybe??), but one thing is for certain… you won't want to miss the
February IGDA event: it's entirely, 100%, dedicated to LOVE in games.

Here's the line up:

Aubrey "I always confuse oxytocin for oxy acetylene" Hesselgren,
Independent Game Developer is presenting on the taboo of systematizing
emotions

Ste Curran, game consultant and world speaker, for one night only, is sure
to break a few hearts with his secret love talk

Christos Reid, independent game developer, will present Butterfly
Mechanics: How to represent a first date through videogame systems.

James Wallis, founder of game consultancy Spaaace, is addressing Trouble
and Strife: getting the girl in Final Fantasy VII

Esther MacCallum-Stewart, Research Fellow, Digital Cultures Research
Centre, launches her book Game Love. Essays on Play and Affection,
co-edited by Jessica Enevold
We'll retire to the Albert Arms, as always, for a little post-event charm
and chitchat.

Please do not reply to this email.