IEEE Exec: 02-03 proposal

  • From: "Michael Turletes" <michael.turletes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:35:43 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From  Michael Turletes <michael.turletes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date  Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:34:00 -0400
To  ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject  02-03 proposal

Hey fellas,

I agree with Mike about the meeting schedule. If we plan too many
events people will burn out and not want to be involved. I also think,
and I hope Mike agrees with me, before we can do anything we must bring
up enrollment. And seriously, lets not take on too much. One of the
hardest things about leading a group (I know from experience) is
getting people out to the meetings and keeping them active. Personally
I believe that our primary initiative should be to increase involvement
and membership. I am not sure if a capped subsidy is the best way to
do it. (I'm not totally against it, I am just curious where the idea
came from.) I would also bring up some issues with the budget but I am
sure Dr Singh will handle it.

I, like Mike, will be very busy this semester. Since I have been a full
time student this summer I will be taking on some type of part time
job. I either may be on campus or elsewhere, I am not sure yet. I have
2 evening classes and meetings on Monday evenings. As of right now,
daytime meetings would be more convenient but we will all have to sit
down at the beginning of the school year.

Have a good rest of summer,

Mike

---------------
Michael Turletes
313 Creek Dr - The Regency
Apt 122
Radnor PA 19087
610-687-5463
Cell: 610-331-2629

begin:vcard
n:Turletes;Michael
fn:Michael Turletes
tel;cell:610-331-2629
tel;home:845-677-5236
tel;work:610-687-5463
adr:;;33 Haight Ave;Millbrook;NY;12545;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:michael.turletes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
end:vcard