[PCB_FORUM] Re: what is \NAC for

  • From: "John McMillan" <jmcmill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:11:19 -0700

Rock,

I believe you are referring "No Assertion Check" property \NAC is from
old
legacy ConceptHDL symbols PIN_NAME (e.g. PIN_NAME=INPUT \NAC).

If you want to preserve the /NAC property, below is the workaround:
--------------------
In the HDL environment, the no assertion check property has been moved
to the
chips.prt file. The pin that needs no assertion check gets the following
line
added to the pin definition in the chips.prt file:

NO_ASSERT_CHECK='TRUE';

In Part Developer (15.X), the no assertion check is added by unchecking
the
assertion check field in the Packages view> Package Pin property
definitions
(you may need to scroll the in the logical pins form to see assertion
checking).

Part Developer will only delete the \NAC property if the symbol graphics
are
modified and saved in PDV. If the graphics are changed, you will need to
open
the package view and uncheck "Check Assert". Then when you save, the no
assertion
property will be added to the chips file.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,
John McMillan
Cadence Design Systems