[PCB_FORUM] Re: glossing diff pairs

  • From: "Musetti, Carl" <cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:37:31 -0500

Kevin,

        I have had this problem with tool ever since I have been using I am on
15.2 and it isn't any better there either the gloss routine seem to have been
left in the dust as it doesn't respect many of the high speed deign rules. I
know you don't want to hear this but for that reason any net the I put rules on
in constraint manager I put the NO_GLOSS property on. MY solution is lets put
on the top 5 issues list and get Cadence to address it as gloss is in desperate
need of a complete overhaul. Have you ever seen what it does to trace
entry/exits to pads  on dense SMD devices? I tell you I could do better with a
burnt stick on a brick!

Carl