[PCB_FORUM] Re: "clinecut" skill code

  • From: "richard moffat" <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 09:02:49 +1200

OK, I didn't firgure out how to get it onto Sourcelink.  It says to "Submit a
Solution", but it doesn't allow any file attachment.  Anybody done this
recently?

>>> richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 29/04/2006 10:47 a.m. >>>
Hi

I wrote a program called "scalpel" to cut a gap in clines according to a drawn
path.  This way, you're not confined to just a box.  It doesn't delete lines
inside;  rather, it lets you delete what you want.  We at my workplace find it
very useful.

I uploaded it onto the SKILL School (in its very early days), but since I'm at
home at the moment and I unsubscribed to the SS list, I can't access it.  When
I get back to work, I'll put it on Sourcelink.  Meanwhile, someone else may be
kind enough to post it or mail it to you.

If I remember correctly, load it in to Allegro, and type in 'scalpel -help' on
the command line.  That gives you a list of options.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Richard

__________________________
Richard Moffat
PCB CAD Manager
Allied Telesis Labs
ph. +64 (3) 3393000
richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx 04/29/06 8:18 AM >>>
Hey skill wizards,

WinXP Pro, 15.5

Way back when I used Cadnetix, the delete function would delete everything
inside of a box.  Cadence still doesn't have this functionality.  Just "cut"
with the RMB while in delete, which doesn't work with a window, only on a
single trace.

So, I have been using the "clinecut" skill code for some years now, and it
breaks randomly with the error message:

"E- *Error* eval: unbound variable - lastvalue"

Turns out the last time "clinecut" was touched (the one currently on
Sourcelink), was 08/03/2002 (created 11/21/2001).

Anyone know how to fix this skill code?  Also, it sure would be nice if it
deleted all of the clines inside of the box, then cleaned up after itself
and deleted the box!  Would it be hard to modify it to do this?  I don't
know skill code, haven't really done much besides a little perl.

Thanks for any help!

Gary E. MacIndoe

PCB Design Engineer

Advanced Micro Devices

Longmont, Colorado

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.