[PCB_FORUM] Re: allegro to/from ProE

  • From: "Ed Hickey" <ehickey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:58:24 -0400

The 15.1 release included a 'best practice' paper on MCAD<>ECAD
integration authored by Andy Kulik and Andy Roemer of LTX. Andy K is now
at PTC, we wish you luck Andy! Ed

 From Sourcelink ......

1. Best Practices Working with IDF -- Best Practices Working with IDF

 Imports the IDF file using the idf in command, which results in the
placement of critical components with matching reference designators.
Since the IDF 3.0 Specification introduces object ownership (MCAD, ECAD
and UNOWNED), the IDF translator follows a revised rule set for
importing IDF data into Allegro. Also, when importing IDF files from
Allegro to Pro/ENGINEER, be aware that ECAD areas such as PLACE_KEEPOUT
are not imported into the database in Pro/ENGINEER....

Ed Hickey
Product Engineer - Allegro PCB Editor
Cadence Design Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824