[PCB_FORUM] Re: We hassle Cadence too much sometimes...

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:42:11 -0400

Richard,
Don't get me wrong. I don't think anything you said was "wrong".
I just see it from a different point of view.
I always feel that you should write what you feel. If someone disagrees,
well, that is their prerogative.
When I said "we all love the tool" it was very much tongue in cheek.
I am always happy to hear that something worked well, because all too
often that is not the case. But, on the other hand, we all need
the opportunity to vent at cadence on occasions. This is the place.

Oh, and the constraint manager broke my last board and I had to get
cadence to fix it. I feel everyones pain, too. Well, maybe.

Kevin

richard moffat wrote:
Kevin

I'm glad you're "thrilled".

However, I take issue on a couple of your points.  If you read a few of
my postings over the last few years, you'll see that I have given
Cadence a "stern talking to" on several occasions, and we don't all
"love the tool" all the time.  About three weeks ago I nearly put my
fist through the screen because of the Constraint Manager.

Given that many Cadence software engineers and support people read this
site, I just thought that:

1 - it was worthwhile to let them know what functions are good
2 - let other users know as well.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe the subject should have been different as you
said.

Richard

ben castle 5/10/2004 9:24:05 a.m. >>>

kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5/10/2004 1:02:15 a.m. >>>

Richard, I am thrilled about you having so much success with the delay tool. But I disagree about your subject line. Of all the groups that might comment to Cadence, we are in the best position to "hassle" Cadence. I think that we do sing their praises when they are deserving. And we all love the tool, right? But their are times when they need a stern talking to. And this group generally knows when that time is. We are not shy about letting them know. Plus, this gets us a better product and makes our lives better, too. Oh, and I am not trying to start a flame war. Just voicing my opinion. Feel free to disagree as necessary. I am sure you will!

TSI Telsys

richard moffat wrote:

I've just been using the Dely Tune in 15.2. Hand-matched an entire

DIMM

bus in an hour or so!

Kudos to the people who thought of the function and to those who

wrote

it.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------------------------------------

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.