[PCB_FORUM] Re: Via at SMD Thru

  • From: David Price <davidp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:45:38 -0400

Not all SPECCTRA commands are included from the SPECCTRA GUI (SET commands are an example).

At 04:23 PM 8/24/2005, you wrote:

Hello group,

I have uncovered what I think is a bug in SPECCTRA.

I am trying to route a BGA pin top side to a bottom side SMD component. I want the thru via to be placed in the SMD pad. The nets are power and ground and have been set up as CLASS POWER.

In specctra, in the GUI interface, I see a button under the PCB/Rules/Wiring/General for "Via at SMD Thru"
The same button does not exist under CLASS/Rules/Wiring/General. HOWEVER, when I manually type at the command line: rule class POWER (via_at_smd on (grid off) (fit off) (thru on)) specctra understands it and does what I intended it to do.

It seems impossible to accomplish this through the GUI interface.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,
Chris Nunn

David Price

davidp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

866.586.9352    Phone   Toll-Free
866-422.5312    Fax     Toll-Free

http://www.eAutoroute.com

B o r n  T o  R o u t e

SPECCTRA Autorouting, SPECCTRA Onsite and Seminar Classes, MakeDO E, MakeDO and AutoTools

DFM
351 Pleasant St. #275
Northampton, MA 01060