[PCB_FORUM] Re: Unable to replace cache, the replacement library object is already cached but it is out of date.

  • From: Sagar Kumar <sagkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:14:44 -0700

Hi sjchar3,

Have you edited the part in the schematic through Part Editor ? There
will be some entry as
PartName_SomeNumber in the design cache for the part which has
undergone updation through
schematic. If yes, the tool is displaying correct informtion of not
able to update the Part 'RESISTOR',
since there is no part in the design with Part Name 'RESISTOR' from
library 'C:\Cadence\SMSC_Lib\DISCRETE.OLB' in the design, since it has
been edited through Part Editor and got renamed to another part as
'RESISTOR_SOMENUMBER'.

To get the error 'ERROR [CAP0027]   Design cache update failed while
updating 'RESISTOR' in library 'C:\Cadence\SMSC_Lib\DISCRETE.OLB' on
any design, below are the steps:

1. Place part, 'RESISTOR' from library C:\Cadence\SMSC_Lib\DISCRETE.OLB.
2. Select the Part, do RMB, edit Part, Add some Property. Close Part
Editor. Choose Update Current.
3. There will be entry in the Design Cache as 'RESISTOR_0'. Instead of
_0, there could be other number also based on how many parts have been
edited through Part Editor.
4. Open the library C:\Cadence\SMSC_Lib\DISCRETE.OLB. Open Part
'RESISTOR'. Add some Property to it. Save the OLB.
5. Now perform update cache on 'RESISTOR'. Tool will report of error
ERROR [CAP0027]'. Since the Part 'RESISTOR' from library
C:\Cadence\SMSC_Lib\DISCRETE.OLB no longer exists in the design.

To remove the error perform Clean Up cache and then update cache or
doing Replace Cache with another OLB.   1
Thanks

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Sagar Kumar <sagkumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can try the following Tcl command, if it helps to resolve the issue
>
> Select the DSN in the PM window. Open command window and type the command:
> ClearTempPackage
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:10 PM,  <sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Getting errors while replacing discretes, LEDs, resistors, caps, ferrite
>> beads, test points.

>>> ERROR [DSM0018]   You can specify another source library (.OLB) using