[PCB_FORUM] Re: Routing PCI Express on Flexi

  • From: <george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:50:38 -0700

How tight do the bends have to be?  We commonly run impedance controlled
diff pairs on flex, but a real tight bend radius can delaminate the
layers and play games with the impedance.  We usually keep a very loose
bend radius and have less problems.  We usually use embedded microstrip
(two copper layers (ground plane and signals), with 3 dielectric layers,
but higher layer counts and stripline configurations might keep the
trace widths more manageable in your application....

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

"Off-Grid and Proud of it!"