[PCB_FORUM] Permanently removing deleted information from an Allegro design file

  • From: "Vince Di Lello" <vince.dilello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:12:09 -0700

Good morning fellow designers,

I want to use an existing design to create a basic template for future
designs, so I go in and delete all of the information I do not require.
This entails deleting existing parts, symbols, nets, etc. I save the
basic design file. When I attempt to use the basic file, I have
discovered that all of the parts, symbols and nets that I thought were
deleted are STILL in the design file. I know this because if I do a
Place / Quick Place, the pop-up window tells me that there are (703)
parts to place. If I do a Place, then all of the parts and nets that I
thought I had deleted all come back into the design. My question is this
- how can I permanently get rid of the information I no longer want so
that I can create a basic design template for future designs? I DO NOT
want any old information lurking in the background that could somehow
come back to haunt me (or another designer) in the future. Thanks in
advance for all your help .....

Vincent Di Lello, CID+

Senior CAD Designer

Kaleidescape Canada, Inc.