[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pass component property from concept to Allegro?

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:49:10 -0400

Hi Matija,
When I open Setup / Define User Properties in Allegro, BOM_IGNORE2 already exists. So all selection boxes are "greyed out" NOT allowing me to select or deselect any boxes. Command line reads E-Attribute definition already exists.

Not sure what I am missing. Please let me know if I am.

Thanks for your reply!
Mark
Matija Golar wrote:

Hello Mark,

actualy it does work as far as you've done it...

bom_ignore2 is pushed from schematic to state files from now on

open variant editor or bom report add columns and you'l see your property is there

create custom properties check box is somewhat wrong solution becouse it will add to property flow (your 3rd picture) ALL properties that are not already there not just the one you need and HAD ALREADY SETUP CORRECTLY

and finally for seeing/using property in allegro there is another step,

menu:setup,
property definitions

form Define User Properties opens,

enter in name field:

BOM_IGNORE2

then on right side check:

Comp Def (and uncheck all others)
Data type: STRING

click apply

commandline states:
Definition for property BOM_IGNORE2 has been created.

(maybe save and allegro restart is needed on this point)

NOW allegro knows about your property,

AND displays  it on INFO/Comp

you can also select comps based on this property
(although i think selection by poperty works only on CM enabled flows)

Done.

We use a bunch of custom properties,

for example in hierarhical design we add BLOCKNAME=(name of block here) to topmost block,

all components in block then automagicaly inherit the property, if some component with two pieces falls in two different blocks,

just add same property BLOCKNAME with same value to both parts, as comp will not be packaged correctly with differing blockname properties.

Now you can easily group and color them in layout.

Best regards,

Matija Golar