[PCB_FORUM] Multiple Comps/Swap Layers/Rotate/embedded fanout

  • From: pcbrunner@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 02:40:18 +0000

I would like to be able to move multiple components ('temp group'), swap their
layers, rotate them, and maintain any modifications made to embedded fanouts
within the symbols easily.

I can 'temp group' and do move/rotate, but not swap layers without having to
exit the move function and enter the Mirror function.

I can select individial components in Place Manually, then swap layers and
rotate, but if the symbol has embedded fanout which has been modified at the
design level the library definition with the original fanout is called back
onto the design.

Would anyone know if this addressed in 15.5?  Thank You.

-Lcan Rekahs