[PCB_FORUM] Re: Making a part pin and gate swappable

  • From: "Edwards, Keith" <keith.edwards@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:54:10 -0700

Set up the chips.prt correctly when creating the schematic symbols and
you will have the ability to swap inside of Allegro while maintaining
the ability to back-annotate.

You need to have the 'PIN_GROUP' value the same for each pin that you
want to swap within a group.  In V15.2 Concept, you now have the ability
to swap within each schematic section.  So, you could set the
'PIN_GROUP' values based on how you would like to control the swaps in
Allegro.  You could set up multiple pin groups to define swap groups on
a part.

Here is a snapshot of how the chips file should look.

FILE_TYPE=LIBRARY_PARTS;
TIME=' Created/Modified on Tuesday, July 26, 21:41:33  2005' ;
primitive 'EXAMPLE','EXAMPLE_BGA';
  pin
    'NAME1':
      PIN_NUMBER='(0,0,A1)';