[PCB_FORUM] High Speed Interconnect Technologist needed in Santa Clara, CA;

  • From: Mark Apton <Mark.Apton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 16:50:16 +0000

High Speed System Interconnect Technologist
Job Description;
1) Analyze  the high speed digital interconnect ecosystem, for example; SerDes,
PCB's, connectors. Analyze the optical interconnect ecosystem, such as optical
transceivers, Level 1 to 4 optical structures, etc. Understand the North
American technology roadmap, identify disruptive opportunities and prepare
product development  proposals.

2)  Analyze  mainstream competitive ICT product evolution trends , such as
Routers, Data Centers, Optical networks, Servers, etc.  Have deep knowledge
about the physical architecture of ICT mainstream products, focusing on the
engineering and manufacturing technologies which will dramatically impact
Huawei's product architecture. Develop key specification requirements and
differentiating technologies.

3) Understand innovative emerging US high-speed and/or optical interconnection
technologies and present analysis reports, develop potential start-up
collaboration or acquisition opportunities.

4) Develop the high-speed and/or optical interconnection technology maps,
including fundamental research from research institutes, industries,
universities, experts, associations, etc. to develop collaboration proposals.

Qualifications (Must-haves);
1.At least 10 years' experience in ICT system development, manufacturing or ICT
system consulting. Clearly understand ICT product requirements and related
high-speed  and/or optical interconnection technologies. Is recognized as an
industry expert in the high-speed  or optical interconnection community and has
broad senior level industry connections.
2. Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
3. Fluent in spoken and written English. Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
4. Proactive with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
Position Location
Santa Clara, CA

Relocation from within the US is fine, but candidates outside the US cannot be
considered for this role.

If interested, please just send your resume to;
(Know anyone like this? We appreciate referrals)

Contact;

Mark Apton
Futurewei Technologies - US R&D Center
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markapton
E-mail: mark.apton@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mark.apton@xxxxxxxxxx>
2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, California, 95050
Phone: 408- 330-5338; Fax: 408-330-5089

www.usahuawei.com<http://www.usahuawei.com>     ($40B.)

Why work for us?
- We are the global No. 1 telecom solution provider serving 45 of the world's
top 50 operators
- Recognized on World's Most Innovative Companies List - 3 consecutive years by
Fast Company Magazine
- Unprecedented growth - Double digit % growth in revenues every year since 2006
- Our contract sales reached $32.4 billion USD in 2012, a year on year increase
of 11+%
- We invest in engineering and innovation - 62,000+ of our 140,000 global
employees work in R&D
- We filed 36,344 patent applications in 2011 - globally ranked #3 for
International Patent Submissions
- We continually invest heavily in global community involvement programs
- We support green energy - Lowered CO2 emissions by 13,000 tons via Huawei's
green packaging solutions
- We are a member of 130 standard bodies
- We are a global leader providing LTE infrastructure and commercialization -
ranked No. 1 worldwide with 50%+ market share (Nov-2011)