[PCB_FORUM] Re: HDI L1-L2 trace routing

  • From: Dave Schaefer <dave.schaefer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:16:05 -0600

Mark,

You can check IPC specs for separation requirements based on voltage, but I'd
guess that most are low level signal traces.

If you want to avoid the issue entirely, use L1 as a Ground layer ... removes
your concerns and is great for SI, also reduces the number of L1-L2 vias for
more routing channels on L2.

Check out Happy Holden's HDI book on Mentor website if you haven't already.

Hth,
Dave