[PCB_FORUM] Re: Gnd net connected to bottom only

  • From: "Cosentino, Tony" <Tony.Cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:59:08 -0500

Sam,

If you are using Cadence Allegro then you can apply the NO_SHAPE_CONNECT
property to the pin. This will prevent the pin from connecting to shapes
(positive or negative). This will also allow you to add a trace on any
other layer to make this connection. If you place the trace on an
external layer then you will be able to cut it later.

Thanks
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec Hardware Engineer
919-460-3656