[PCB_FORUM] Re: Gerbtool with Allegro

  • From: "westfeldt" <westfeldt_nbcd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:09:07 -0600

This subject is relevant to the Allegro listserver, because Allegro's
treatment of positive copper pours in RS-274X is different than a number of
other packages.  Although Gerbtool used to represent these pours in 3
layers, they have put them on one layer for several revisions.  This did not
change the fact that the three layers were still there, and caused Gerbtool
to have some difficulty creating a correct netlist from the gerbers.

For netlists and the ipc-d-356 check, v13.5 has worked well for me, as long
as I did not let the tool change small arcs to linear approximations.  v14.0
appears to have cleared up the problem, but I have only been running it for
a couple of months.

I think Mentor still ships Gerbtool with Expedition(Veribest), but almost
never the latest version.

Patrick Westfeldt, Jr.
720-406-0887