[PCB_FORUM] Re: Diff pair setup in Constraint Manager

  • From: "Shaw, Christopher" <chris.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:46:55 +0000

We have found that if you back annotate from physical to schematic then, no
matter what packaging option is set (changes only or override) the physical
diff pair constraints always win. Therefore, as our schematic and layout design
is often concurrent, we have had some very frustrated schematic designers! So
now we just do the bare diff pair definition plus phase tolerance in the
schematic, and do the rest of the diff pair constraints in physical.

Regards,

Chris

From: Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Diff pair setup in Constraint Manager
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:47:50 +0000
Hey guys,

You know, this has always been a mystery to me, where to set up diff pairs in
CM.

Should you create a differential impedance Electrical Constraint Set under the
Electrical tab, or a Physical Constraint Set under the Physical tab?

It appears that you can set it up in either place and get it to work.

How do you guys do it, and why?