[PCB_FORUM] Re: Converting SCALD to HDL

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:43:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lavern,

I've done many of these. As Peter mentioned, you NEED the Unix environment
to run the converter from. The Scald data resides off a Unix environment.

Have you done scald? Do you have the Unix box? If you've answered yes to
both of these, and also have the data (tape backups?), then you might be
able to do it. If not, you'll waste lots of time and effort.

What you first have to do is figure out where your library resides. That
gets converted first. After that, and you have "THE" library ported to
HDL, you can easily transition the schematics. (simply point at the old
.csa/.csb files). BUT! you need the libraries.

Good day.

Mitch