[PCB_FORUM] Re: Can I feed Ideal Square wave in Spectraquest?

  • From: rjbzxr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:15:56 -0400

Hi Naren,

The 2 waveforms are for the internal and external pins of your package..
i.e.
File_name_JP_2  = Waveform result including pin parasitics
File_name_JP_2i = Waveform result excluding pin parasitics or you could say
"The internal signal is on the die side of the package parasitics (internal to
the chip)"
** If all of the package parasitics are set to zero, then a single
waveform will be displayed.

Regarding the Square wave..  you can apply a PULSE to the driver or a custom
stimulas like  0 1 0 1 0 1 ..  so it repeats to create the square wave ? Just
click on the Drivers Name "TRISTATE" and then change the stimulas.

"Naren" <naren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi SI Gurus !
>
>I am using spectraquest 15.2 for signal integrity.
>
>I have some questions as under !!
>1) In Sig Wave two waveforms are showing for same pin like
>   File_name_JP_2 & other is File_name_JP_2i
>   What does it mean by both?
>2) Can we feed Ideal square wave at driver end ?
>   I want to see the signal distortion due to pin parasitic, trace
>geometry, via characteristics & so on..
>
>Please reply me for this Please !!
>
>Thanks in advance !!
>--
>"Keep looking foreward"
>
>Regards
>Naren Thesia
>Member CAD
>D'GIPRO SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. BANGALORE
>TEL: 080-25219017/18 (O)
>
>To view the archives of this list please login at
>//www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
>or go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/
>
>Problems or Questions:
>    Send an email to icu-pcb-forum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Want to post a job listing ?  DON'T DO IT HERE!
>Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.
>
>SUBSCRIBE:  icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
>POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.