[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro Free Viewer (16.5) Installation error (Win 7)

  • From: "Carter, Gary" <gary.carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:20:24 +0000

We have had similar issues with our new laptop installs as well.  It appears
our IT org is tightening some of the Win 7 security settings.

Regards,
- Gary
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 26, 2012, at 12:11 PM, "Mark Salberg"
<msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Thanks to both Gary and Randy,
Randy, you were correct. Needed to run as administrator.
Not sure why though? This was the first time I had to do that.
It is a new laptop though. Must have to do with how it is configured.

Regards,
Mark

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:14:04 -0500
From: <mailto:Gary.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gary.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Gary.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <mailto:icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is it possibly a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue?

On 3/26/2012 10:06 AM, Mark Salberg wrote:
Hi all,
I am getting this error while installing Allegro free viewer 16.5 on Win 7
machine. I have installed successfully on many other win 7 machines though.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,
Mark
<image001.png>