[PCB_FORUM] Re: AW: positive dynamic gnd/pwr planes in 15.2

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:05:56 -0600

Hello Johannes,

My database is in mils, with an accuracy of 1 (1 decimal point, which
equates to 1/10,000 of an inch!).  There is no point in having a greater
accuracy, the fab houses can't do it.

So I can't try 0.01 or 0.02, but when I try 0.4, most of the DRCs went away,
leaving me with only 3 (they are all actual 7.9 for constraint of 8).

Anyhow, this is ridiculous!  I shouldn't have to "play games" to get the
shape to fill correctly.  Cadence needs to fix this, once and for all.

I've been using Allegro since version 5.x (I believe it was 1995).  I had to
play the games with positive planes back then, and still now, eleven years
later!  I got tired of the games, went to negative planes about six years
ago and have never looked back.  Guess I'll stick with them.

Thanks for your response!
Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.