[PCB_FORUM] Re: ALTERED COMPONENTS

  • From: "Scott, Ron" <rg-scott@xxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:33:58 -0500

Amin,

The behavior you are experiencing is quite normal. If you modify/replace
the design padstacks, it does not change the base symbol if you have
chosen Modify Design Padstack dropdown. If it is your intent to
permanently change padstacks, you might choose Modify Library Padstack
and then refresh your symbol in your current .brd. If you really want to
change the pads, it's probably better to delve into the symbol
editor(.dra) and change pads there. Be sure to tell the rest of your
team you're doing it :)

Regards,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Texas Instruments