Re: [icon-users] OLESupport not 32-bit compatible

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:11:27 +0200

In message <7503798752.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been using EW v9.00 on my main machine (Kinetic RPC) without any
> probs. The other day I tried to use EW on my A9home, which I don't
> often do, and it complained that the OLESupport module was not 32-bit
> compatible.

> After some rooting around in !System I found OLESupport v0.24 in 310.
> The EW !Run file was trying to load this first. So I commented out the
> line...

> RMEnsure OLESupport 0.00 IfThere System:Modules.OLESupport then RMLoad
> System:Modules.OLESupport

That line is correct, though it does not do any harm if you remove it.
It allows the user to supply a different/later OLESupport module by
placing it in System:Modules. In general, whenever shared modules are
concerned, applications should try to load the global system version
first and only fall back on their own private version if the global
version is not new enough.

In your case, the problem is that you have an incompatible module in
your !System directory. You should not have any 26-bit modules in your
!System directory on a 32-bit machine.

Regards,
Martin