Re: [icon-users] Enhanced metafiles

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:52:03 GMT

In message of 25 Mar, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4c6a9b0d0803250409k38818d0eofbe4823e0e455034@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> m>
>           "A W" <aw29009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I can't remember if Easiwriter will interpret enhanced metafiles
> > pasted from Exel.  Could anybody please confirm?
>
> I do not think EW can read EMFs (enhanced metafiles), it only handles
> WMFs (standard Windows metafiles).

My standard method of getting graphics files into RISC OS machines is to
convert them to PDF on the source machine, send the PDF to the RISC OS
machine and within RISC OS extract the relevnat page as a drawfile.

This may not transmit all the detail but it is usually pretty good.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/