Re: [icon-users] EW information

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:02:17 +0200

In message <5162ed1ae8john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As an aside to my previous post.  To find information about PDF options in
> the manual, I had to do a word search (using TextSeek) across the original
> EW manual and all the successive incremental manual upgrades.  Is there by
> any chance a complete manual for the latest version anywhere?

No, unfortunately not. All version 8 functionality has only been
published in release notes (843Guide, 853Guide, 860Guide, 870Guide,
880Guide) that complement the main manual (which describes version
7.10). Anyone is welcome to try and put it all into one manual.

> I tried looking on the web, but couldn't find any information on EW.   The
> URLs I have for Icon Technology don't seem to exist, and all I could find
> about EW on MW Software website was ordering information.  Where should I
> be looking?

In the "Icon Technology" section on the MW Software web site that will
go online later this month. :-) We are currently in an inbetween state
because the old Icon Technology domain has finally expired and I have
not managed to incorporate all the content into the MW Software web
site yet.

Martin