[icon-users] Keeping Mime Maps up to date

  • From: Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 16:59:27 +0100

Hi folks,

I emailed Alan Richardson at Snowstone and asked if he was still doing any
work on the RISCOS Mimemap as the current file generated by his MimeMan
software is still dated 2009.
He replied that he didn't have time to do any RISC OS stuff & no longer had
access to a RISC OS machine so he could no longer be much help.

Thus it looks as though those wishing to keep their Mimemap up to date would
do well to use Tim Hills version at...

 www.timil.com/riscos/mimemap

Tim said "as long as I use RISC OS I will need to maintain mimemap in a
workable state and it is little extra work to annotate changes and save a
copy to my webspace."

Perhaps this could be the one central repository for Mimemap updates as Tim
seems willing. I'm sure he'd appreciate any new entries that you've trialled
& got to work.

regards,

--
Chris